News and Announcements
Hey White Rapids!
Senior Coach Courtney Poulin competes tomorrow (Wednesday) and Friday in Synchronized Swimming at the FINA World Masters Championships in Montreal!
A list of Regionals relays is now posted in the Documents sections of TeamPages, under ‘2014’.
NWRSC Coaching Staff
Fall and Winter Maintenance information for current summer 2014 swimmers has been added to our website www.nananimowhiterapids.ca.
Sign up is on Thursday, July 31 from 3 pm to 5 pm at the picnic table outside the pool entrance.
First come, first serve.
Please bring completed forms from the link on the website and appropriately post-dated cheques (made out to NWRSC) or cash to the sign up session. The group lists will assist you in choosing the correct times for your swimmer.
Any questions email Leah Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
NWRSC Fall/ Winter Maintenance Committee
Hello White Rapids Families,
Hope you all had a good weekend away from the pool. Less than a week until Regional’s, and the countdown is on!
A few important announcements for this up and coming week:
1) All regular scheduled practices in the afternoon on Thursday, July 31st will be cancelled due to Spaghetti dinner, unless notified by your coach.
2) This year, after the coaches get pied, we will be having a team wide WATER BATTLE. All swimmers will need to bring a water gun of some type, that needs to be kept in the swimmers bag or in vehicles until the water battle starts. Hope to see you all there for our final team event of the season!
3) All regular scheduled practices on Friday (morning and afternoon) will be cancelled in preparation for Regional’s. There will be an optional start and turn clinic on Friday morning for any swimmer’s who are attending Regional’s. The times are as follows:
-7:15-8:15 am (Div 4 and up)
- 8:00-9:00 am (Div 1-3)
4) If you have not checked off whether or not you will be attending provincials, should you qualify, please do so in the swim meet binder.
See you at the pool :),
NWRSC Coaching Staff
A few announcements:
1. Please check the* Swim Meet Binder* if you are going to Regionals and are planning to attend the* Provincials*. Please check off your name to indicate if you will be attending *Provincial*s.
2. * Spaghetti Dinner is Thursday, July 31 at 5 pm* at the Bowen Social Center. Pie your coach! Tickets will be available soon for $5 each.
3. * Fall/Winter Maintenance sign up* will be 3 pm to 5 pm on Thursday, July 31 as well. Forms and information will be put on the website www.nanaimowhiterapids.ca to download and bring to sign up very shortly. Another message will be sent when the forms and lanes are ready.
4. We are having an issue with the girl’s washroom where paint is being picked off the stalls and put in the toilets. Please discuss this with your child as we have determined it is our swim club kids who are causing the damage.
1. Those of you who are going to Provincials in an RV can take advantage of RV camping at Thompson Rivers University.
For details and reservations visit www.bcsummerswimming.com/rv_reservations.htm
2. Found at the Salt Spring Meet:
1. One blue Salbutamol puffer (no label)
2. One AeroChamber MAXI
(Both items in the same zip-lock bag). These can be claimed from Kevin Bourgeois at 250-758-7711 or Central Drugs Bowen 2220 Bowen Road.